over a 20-year period, asking some 2,000 men in college questions like this: “Have you ever had sexual intercourse with someone, even though they did not want to, because they were too intoxicated [on alcohol or drugs] to resist your sexual advances?”, or “Have you ever had sexual intercourse with an adult when they didn’t want to because you used physical force [twisting their arm, holding them down, etc.] if they didn’t cooperate?”
About 1 in 16 men answered “yes” to these or similar questions.” —
1 in sixteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen are you kidding me
if we got 1 in 16 motherfuckers admitting to raping women on college campuses and are “very forthcoming. In fact, they are eager to talk about their experience”, you better fucking believe tossing out your short skirt and staying in at night isn’t going to keep you safe.
In a survey of 11-14 year-old boys…
- 51% believed that “forced sex” is acceptable if a boy spends a lot of money on a girl
- 31% believed that it would be okay to rape someone with past sexual experience
- 65% believed that sexual assault is okay if dating for more than 6 months
- 87% believed that sexual assault is okay if the perpetrator and victim are married
…aaand in a survey of college males…
- 1 in 12 admitted to committing rape (under the legal definition)
- 35% admitted that they would commit rape under circumstances if they could get away with it
…and in another…
- 43% of college-aged men admitted to using “coercive behavior” such as ignoring a woman’s nonconsent and using physical aggression
really? how does this not make me even more scared? fuck
reblogging for commentary
Hated everything about co-ed dorms for this fucking reason right here. And don’t even get me fucking started on white frat boys.
“Fun” fact: In Indiana, if you have sex with someone who’s intoxicated, it’s considered rape. Don’t know how many other states have that policy, but there ya go. :|
- friend: oh you have tumblr, whats your url?
- you: oh my url is.. *violently sprays friend in eye with mace spray, friend falls to ground in agony, you take out your fake mexican passport with the name 'hugo fernadez' on it and run as fast as you can to the nearest airport where you board a plane to mexico and take up a career in chicken farming for the next 10 years*
I have almost 200 things I’m adding to my queue. Bwahahaha!!
(When I have a full queue, I feel like I have license to troll Tumblr, and that makes me happy. Hence the evil laugh.)